Saturday 26 June 2010

LOVE...

Huh!... This is the toughest article I have ever tried write till now! ‘Love’ – the title itself should tell you that under what mental stress I would be right now. I mean, before writing every word, I would have to give it a profound thought.

Define love…?? Sorry I cant do that. No way! How do you define a feeling which exists in scores of form?! If there are 100 different types of relations in this world then there are 100 different angles for its definition. So, lets skip this part!
So what exactly I would be writing down? Even I don’t know! Probably anything and everything that comes to my mind!

Frankly, I think the current gen in some way has hyped the feeling of love. The reason behind this, I think, is largely movies, serials, etc. I mean from the way one expresses his love to the way one handles a relationship everything has become so filmy and fancy that even if its real it seems so fake! Having feelings for someone is a different thing and the way you express those feelings is different. From making tattoos to even committing suicide is all we do! People justify that these are their special ways to express their strong feelings for their loved ones! Give me a break! Our parents or grand-parents hardly made their love so public and so filmy as we do today. So, didn’t they have a heart? Or didn’t they have those strong and special feelings for anybody?

Love is care, but sometimes it bothers. Love is soothing, but sometimes it is harsh. Love is pleasing, but sometimes it hurts. Love is being possessive, but sometimes we neglect. Love is about smiling and being happy, but sometimes it leaves you weeping. Love is just full of so many things. But we are insulting and disrespecting it. Sometimes I feel nowadays love is everything but love…

Love indeed is one of the most beautiful feelings! You feel the satisfaction in your life. Everything seems as light, as beautiful, as elegant as a rose. Its aroma fills all your moments with freshness and makes them charming! But the thorns of the flower pierce your eyes leaving them blind. Everything you do for your loved one seems correct. If he/she says lets climb Mount Everest all alone, you’ll even do that. You wont see the circumstances of it! That’s what is happening, teens today not just get into multiple relationships but they even commit themselves to marriage at a age when they hardly understand anything! I love you, you love me, so lets get married! They sometimes take extreme steps and elope! And then later realize what grave mistake they did. Marriage isn’t a constitution whose base is just love. It’s a decision which has to be taken practically, taking into consideration all the aspects. Love is one of the aspect but not the only one.

A boy and a girl are in a relationship. Both have already committed to get married. All this in just a span of 2 months! The guy earlier also was in a relationship and even at that time he had committed himself to marriage. He now says that the earlier one was just an “attraction”! Now that’s the punch! This is what I want to say. At the age of 16 how the hell can you pledge of getting married??!! Attractions, infatuations do happen! May be that attraction actually is love. But first let your heart, mind and brain be matured enough so that it can certify the feeling as love or attraction.

The kind of lifestyle we have, we are tend to behave in the bollywood style. Being filmy and realistic and, being filmy and unrealistic are two different things. This generation is so bold that it dosent really matter to them to give a try to every damn girl and try out a relationship with her. Baat bani toh thik varna break-up. Its so pathetic! The nature of relationships, have altered - altered to take a very ugly form. You might like a particular girl/boy but that dosent mean you make and break relationship with each and every likings of yours.

I would just like to emphasise 2 points:

1. Early age of your life isn’t the proper time for relationships. Neither are you matured enough to take correct steps nor can you distinguish between attraction and love.Your heart and mind is too childish to opt for a life-long decision. Also its too delicate to bear the pain that relationships give.

2. We need to look back and see how the entire concept of love has tainted. Need to bring back the purity in love. Need to dissect and understand love in its true sense.

I don’t know how convincing I was. I even don’t know whether I could put down things properly. Its just that there were so many things going in my mind that I couldn’t hold them back when I saw what’s going on around me in the name of love.

(You can find this article on the e-paper of MUMBAI MIRROR, where it got published:
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?Page=article&sectname=CITY%20-%20Briefs&sectid=35&contentid=20100710201007081417541441d97879e )

No comments:

Post a Comment