Wednesday 10 February 2010

One Of The Truths Of Life

Life is what experiences teaches you. You shape your life by your thinking, your thoughts, the way you handle the different situations and also how much control you have on your feelings. This is what I realized just a few days ago by a small incident that happened. Sometimes small, insignificant things teach you BIG BIG things!

I have been writing a little serious writings for past couple of months. Now what happened was that these serious writings made me a little serious in life, because I haven’t learnt how to switch over my thinking when I am writing and when I am not. I slowly started feeling that something was going wrong. I am not the same. I had became a little serious. I have changed…

Just a few days ago, I was feeling like I have lost myself somewhere. I mean, earlier I used smile, laugh the whole day but nowadays I was a little different. I was not feeling well at all. As if I have lost all my fun! It was horrible. Tears were no way stopping (or may be I didn’t want them to stop)… But frankly, I don’t know why but, I ‘wanted’ to feel sad. I mean it was a very different feeling, like I was finding happiness in that sadness. I wanted to be alone, but somehow that loneliness was more than being with friends. I told about this to Siddhita, one of my friend, who is a very practical bandi. I knew she would help me. After a few minutes she was like, “Stop this nonsense-giri, Manali. Now enough is enough. You are now getting too filmy and senseless. Just divert your attention. Its as simple as that. If you think you are getting serious in life then just do something humorous. That ALL!!.” I mean yes, just diverting my thoughts was all I needed. BUT I DIDN’T WANT TO DIVERT MY THOUGHTS!!! I wanted to keep listening to those sad songs and make my condition worse. (I know this was getting too filmy, but sometimes these filmy situations become real… ).

I was irrationally blaming my serious writings for the situation. But then a few minutes talk with Siddhita and two other friends made me feel better. Even Siddhita had gone through all this and so she kind of knew what I was feeling. It was one of those times when one utters all the filmy dialogues. These are the times when you can relate to each one of them. These are the times when you scrutinize the depth in them. I wont explain this much. An experience is what all you need to understand those dialogues!
That time taught me many things. Life is what you make it! Its your thoughts, thinking that matters. Your feelings and the how much they dominate you is what makes a difference! I mean I was feeling sad, because I WANTED to. My writings just instilled serious feelings in me. But it was me who couldn’t control those feelings. It was I who couldn’t learn to swap my thinking!

There is a book called – ‘THE SECRET’. Its an awesome book! Its only today that I am able to realize how much truth each word of it carried. In one part it said that when you think or feel bad you unintentionally attract bad things. I mean that day I wanted to feel sad and so I was listening to sad songs. Now even after I started listening songs randomly, to my surprise, the first three songs that played turned out to be sad ones! This is what happens, your thoughts, feelings affect your situations a lot !!! So if you want to change a particular state of yours just alter your thoughts.

Its difficult to apply this in life. I mean accepting that whatever happens in life is because of oneself, isn’t easy. But then that’s what the truth is! Anything bad in your life is because you let it happen in your life, because you allow a bad situation take over your mind, heart and soul! The day we learn and use this truth in life, I am sure no soul would be sad!

I still am not able to dominate my feelings and my thinking but one thing is for sure, I am happy for the fact that I learnt a very important aspect of life. I now very truly believe that you learn much faster by experiences. One thing that I discovered in that filmy incident is that experiences, thoughts and feelings play a crucial part in your life.

(See, now even when I know that serious writings are affecting me a little I still am inking down a serious blog. This is what I have to learn. COMMAND my feelings and notions. If the flow of serious thoughts continues, definitely I would become serious in life! :) So better we all learn and apply this truth soon. I would surely try to…)

No comments:

Post a Comment